Grow tents are fabric boxes that are coated with heat and light reflective material on the inside. The tents offer control over indoor growing and work very well when offered with the right ventilation, bed materials and grow lights along with nutrients for the plants being grown. Setting up an indoor cultivation system that is bound to perform the job enough means that all these important components ought to work together. However the tent offers the overall protection to the indoor plants thus it should be selected carefully for optimum results to be achieved.
Grow tent benefits
· The reflective surface of a grow tent makes sure that the plants get enough light output from grow lights used inside to ad growth.
· The tents could also increase canopy penetration for the plants by redirecting the light upwards and sideways. When you have a grow tent you can be satisfied that a good percent of light will reach below the canopy.
· The tents work in maintaining humidity and temperatures that are even all through the grow space.
· The confined space offered by the tent offers grow bed ventilation system efficiency when compared to if it had an entire room to deal with.
· Grow tents are also helpful in facilitating humidity, heat and removal of odors from the indoor growing space.
Considerations to make when buying
There are plenty of options available in the market today plus its easy to be lost for choice. But with a few considerations before or when buying your grow tent, you definitely will be able to select the most suitable for your plants. It is an interesting find and ideas to make a grow tent.
Size – Grow tents come in different layouts and you can choose according to the type of plants you wish to grow and the level of plants you want to accommodate with your space. Larger layouts are better in terms of offering better maneuverability within the grow space, whereas smaller layouts maybe easy to set up and manage. Select a layout that you feel works best for your indoor plants and their requirements.
Height – Whereas some tents can be found in standard heights, it is possible to find grow tents that make it simple for you to adjust the height based on plant or space requirements within the indoor garden space. The adjustable tents have extension poles that can be adjusted as needed and they come in handy in different indoor growing situations. Make sure the grow tent height you settle for is enough for your plants according to how high they can grow and suitable enough to also accommodate other indoor growing accessories.
Materials – A grow tent will only withstand the outdoor elements if it is made with sturdy strong materials. Consider the material thickness and strength as well as quality, so you can choose a tent that will serve your grow needs for an extended time to come. You should also think about safety of the materials used so all surfaces remains safe and functional. A good tent should also come with reliable stitching and bug resistant features.