The 10 tips below are basic principles of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) designed to help increase your website traffic, improve search engine rankings, and raise ROI from your site.
SEO Tips to Increase Website Ranking
- Create a site with content, products or services valuable to your customers.
- Determine the most highly used search terms your targeted customers or clients are using. Make those your keywords.
- Use your keywords in the first 25 words on your web page, and in the Title, META tags, H1, H2 headers and similar locations.
- Keep your site’s design easy for your customers to navigate, to find what they are searching for, and to purchase from.
- Submit your entire website – all pages not just the home page – to the major search engines and especially the top 100 directory sites. Make certain that this is done manually. Do not use software or hire an automated submission service.
- Keep track of changes in search engine algorithms and processes to adapt or modify your web pages so they comply with current Best Practices. For this, you can – and should – use automated or online tools and utilities to keep track of where your website is ranking.
- Constantly monitor your competitors and the top ranked websites to see what they are doing in the way of design, navigation, content, keywords, etc.
- Use analytics (Google, weblogs, etc.) to determine your website’s major traffic sources. Optimize your site accordingly.
- Always provide a method of contact or follow-up for your visitors, in the form of a newsletter, reports, or coupons. Make it easy to opt-in, but don’t annoy your visitors with constant popups.
- Make sure your website passes Google’s ‘Mobile Friendly’ online test. If it does not, it will not show in mobile search!
Best tip of all: don’t view your website as static. Treat it as a dynamic, constantly changing information resource that provides real value to your visitors. Make it the go-to location for your current and potential customers.
There’s a very good chance that as a business owner you will be unsure of how to perform the above steps. Even if you were, it is more productive for you to utilize the services of an experienced, proven, qualified, expert professional for your seo company seattle than to run the risk of making a mistake and have your website drop completely out of search results.